Saturday, November 24, 2012

Random Thoughts 11/24/12

  • In preparation for The Hobbit, my older two boys are watching The Lord of the Rings (special extended edition) with Shannon and me.  That's about twelve hours of awesomeness, in about two-hour sittings each night.
  • Now that the Christmas tree has been erected, my little girl is running around telling all of us "Merry Christmas!" over and over again.  She's adorable.
  • I recorded and I've started watching Ken Burn's "The Dust Bowl."  Absolutely fascinating, especially as someone who grew up in the Midwest and knew lots of people who could tell these same stories.
  • Jayhawk basketball is really here, along with the cold weather.  I love this time of year.
  • I went most of the day on Thanksgiving without proper WiFi.  *sigh*  …the sacrifices we make for family. 
  • Speaking of sacrifices, at least I've got one person fooled.  But she's pretty sweet.

No comments: