Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Key to Contentment

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

In the Crown Financial video series we're studying in Sunday School, they said that the key to contentment is recognizing that God owns everything.

This wasn't new to me and it was so simple I nearly didn't hear it. But, duh.

Materialism, envy, jealousy, greed, and discontent all disappear when we recognize who really owns all the stuff around us. God gave us some things to manage and have stewardship over, but it's not really ours.

How easily we forget that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That simple statement leaves quite an impression when you start applying it to decisions you've made in the past. I am troubled about the things I've done when I apply this overlooked fact.

Humbling, isn't it.

Thumper said...

Count your blessings, Dustin. We love you.

(That's one of 'em)