Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random Thoughts 11/4/08

  • The award-winning game World of Goo is now available on Macs. It's actually cheaper to download it to a Wii (about $15) than to download it for the computer ($20), but not everyone has a Wii and not all Wii owners are online.
  • Have we ever seen Barack Obama and British race-car driver Lewis Hamilton in the same room? I'm just asking.
  • I love the Fall. I burned my brush pile yesterday, tending the fire through out the day. I love the smell of smoke in the Fall… and the rush of adrenaline when you have flames leaping 15 feet in the air. I lit the fire and then poured water on it with my garden hose for 10 minutes just to keep in under control. Whew! What a buzz!
  • I voted, getting in and out in under half an hour. The polling place was busy but the lines weren't too long. No Black Panthers guarding the door but I did see an angry-looking soccer mom.
  • Get FREE stuff if you wear your I voted sticker. Ice cream, sandwiches, Starbucks, donuts, and body piercings. Vote Obama and he'll pay your mortgage and fill your gas tank!
  • I did home school with the boys yesterday. Most of it is pretty easy, giving instructions on worksheets and answering questions. It's harder listening to Tanner read, he struggles with big words in this curriculum so he guesses a lot. That's time consuming. But overall, it was a very good afternoon.
  • The Blue Angels are flying a three ship formation, as the No. 4 jet is grounded for the last few airshows of the season. The pilot had an affair with another officer in the squadron, getting them both kicked out. It's nice to know some organizations still have moral standards and real consequences for failing those standards.
  • Now that the movie Fireproof has dropped out of the top 10, there's no movie I'd want to see playing in the theater. High School Musical 3? No. Saw 5? Yuck. Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Oh my.

No comments: