Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Random Thoughts 12/15/09

  • KC-based Applebee's opened their 2,000th restaurant this week. For that kind of restaurant (fancy dining for college students), this is the largest chain in the world. And it's expected to grow even more, now that Applebee's is owned by IHOP.
  • Favorite App of the Week: Bump. I haven't used Bump a whole lot, but it's been updated and I used it today to pass a bunch of contacts from my phone to Chris C.'s phone. Worked great and was fast too!
  • Our church website got relaunched. It looks great! Thanks, David, for all your hard work.
  • Second Favorite App of the Week: IMDB. I'm a hopeless movie-nut and my wife and I are always pausing the TV to ask, "what's that actor's name?" or "what other movie was she in?" Now there's a really good app for that.
  • Geek alert: Avatar is released in theaters on Friday, "Chuck" begins on January 10 with three hours in two days, and both "V" and "Stargate: Universe" have had more episodes ordered, despite low ratings for both.
  • Do you care about the Golden Globes? Nah, me neither. But here are the nominees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"V" already started? How am I so hopelessly out of touch? What channel and what day is it on?

Thumper said...

We had 4 episodes in November. The show comes back on March 30th. You can probably catch the episodes online; it's not fantastic but probably as good as the 80's show was.

Dustin said...

Great job on the website, David!