Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Random Thoughts 12/8/09

  • Yesterday was the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Somehow, in spite of 9/11, most of us still don't grasp what that really means: there are people out there who want us dead. There's a famous quote from a sailor who was under attack that day. He was told that the planes that were attacking Pearl Harbor were Japanese, to which he replied, "I didn't even know they were sore at us!" This is always the case; how does this danger not compute in the collective mind of this country?
  • I haven't noticed too many Tiger Woods commercials lately… I wonder what happened? Actually, have you seen the SNL skit?
  • We finally bought Shannon a new computer and she loves it. She spends all her spare time putting together videos and sorting thousands of family photos. Surprisingly, after transferring her data and setting things up, I'm not geeking out on the new machine like I thought I would. On the one hand, I'm awful busy; on the other hand it's her computer and I have my laptop.
  • There will be a high temp of 15ยบ tomorrow. Those poor, sweaty polar bears should move to Kansas.
  • I really enjoy wrapping Christmas presents for my kids. We're already done Christmas shopping and by tonight, all the presents will be wrapped and under the tree. One of the kids from church was over the other day and asked me, "Santa already came?" This one has, I suppose.
  • Burt Rutan's sub-orbital spacecraft is getting closer and closer to opening for business. Just $200,000 and you can be launched, temporarily, into space. That's pretty incredible if you think about it.

No comments: