Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Random Thoughts 7/3/12

  • Happy birthday, Alanna!
  • I don't play guitar.  My radio hasn't left the AM talk-radio dial in 25 years.  But I'm still incredibly amazed by this guy playing 100 guitar riffs in one take, spanning from Chuck Berry to Green Day.  It's crazy impressive, even if you don't know all the songs.
  • Nick Offerman's sheer manliness makes me laugh.  Here he gives deadpan readings of tweets from young female celebrities.  With Offerman you also get the Swanson pyramid of greatness and 25 Ron Swanson quotes to live by.
  • Thanks, Chris, for making VBS go so well that we'd do it again next week if you'd ask.
  • I'm off to church camp next week where I'll be teaching some classes, leading men's devotions, and generally helping out.
  • All the grandkids are going to spend the night Friday with Grandma and Grandpa.  Date night!
  • I'm kind of surprised it's legal anywhere to use fireworks this year since it's so incredibly dry and hot out.  But, for right now, KCK doesn't have a ban so we'll be lighting fire crackers with the garden hose nearby.
  • I love that my kids are getting old enough to really appreciate fireworks without sending a jolt of sheer panic through me.  My older boys are getting more and more trustworthy and with a bit of supervision (and the aforementioned garden hose) I feel great about their gunpowder-fueled frenzy.

No comments: