Thursday, September 05, 2013

Random Thoughts 9/5/13

  • NFL football begins tonight!  I have no players from my fantasy team playing tonight and no one from the other guy's fantasy team is playing against me either.  And I'm not a huge fan of either team.  But still… NFL football!
  • I love to read my boys' essays they write each day.  It's a glimpse into their interests and creativity and it makes for amazing keepsakes.
  • Bearded Gospel Men.  What else needs to be said?
  • I thought that if you hung up on a call that it was disconnected.  Apparently not.  I got a call at the church today that was some kind of robo-conference call.  It went on and on and on.  I hung up, checked it again a few minutes later, and it was still going.  The infomercial eventually ended but our church land line was tied up for awhile.
  • KU's incoming freshman Andrew Wiggins has been selected as a pre-season All-American.  The only freshman on the list humbly dismissed it, since he's never played a college game.  Personally, I can't wait to see Wiggins and company play.
  • Here's a list of prospects that KU is recruiting, what schools they are considering and when/if they will be visiting Lawrence.
  • How much will the Chiefs improve over their brutal 2-14 record from last season?  I put the over/under at 8-and-a-half wins.

No comments: