Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Random Thoughts 7/16/14

  • Does anyone still play poker?  I haven't played in a couple years, but only because other things crowded in and took over.  We had a weekly poker night at my house, never gambling any money but keeping track of everyone's performance on a spreadsheet.  We had over a hundred different people come to our house to play from about 2006 to 2010-ish before the regular game died out.  I know that the No-Limit Hold-em game is past its heyday but I'd like to get that home game going again.
  • Speaking of poker, this year's World Series of Poker has concluded.  The professionals proved yet again that poker isn't a game of mere luck.  Phil Ivey won his 10th bracelet, Ted Forrest won his 6th, and 2009 champion Joe Cada won his second bracelet.  Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Erik Seidel, Layne Flack, Jeff Lisandro, and Todd Brunson all made (multiple) final tables.
  • I meant to post the devotions I wrote for church camp this summer.  In fact, I thought that I already did.  I'll post both of them later today or maybe tomorrow.
  • The MacBook Pro which I use at work and home is easily the best computer I've ever owned.  I've had it for about three and half years and it's still going strong, no problems, no issues.  I still expect that someday, I'll transition from a laptop to a tablet, but that day hasn't come yet.
  • This is me not talking about politics.  If you don't have anything nice to say…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes to poker from Zach B!