Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Is Winning a Good Thing?

Carrie Underwood won American Idol and though I thought she deserved it, I'm not sure I'm happy for her. My gut reaction at the time of her win was, "oh no, I wonder how this will change her." She seemed so genuine and innocent, a condition most folks can't maintain in the entertainment industry. I hope that's not the case for Carrie but Reuben Studdard has had some issues since his victory, and anyone can be corrupted by bad company.

I guess we'll see; I'm just saying it wouldn't have been all bad if Carrie had gone back home to Oklahoma and had a normal, happy life.

Besides, Bo Bice was already living his life as a performer. He's a little older and had already been arrested for cocaine and moved on with his life. Bo has already been down this road--maybe he'd stand up better under the pressure. Maybe not.

No comments: