Friday, May 06, 2005

Poor Substitute

I got up with the kids this morning and let Shannon sleep in since it was my day off. Brennan and Tanner don't mind the departure from the routine but Elijah was less than impressed. I gave him a bottle (which he normally likes), changed his bottom (also good) and tried to play with him and hold him and talk with him, etc. You'd think he'd appreciate the effort… but no.

He fights and fusses and pushes me away and whines. He repeatedly throws his pathetic little self onto the carpet in exasperation. After about an hour, he's sobbing, I'm sobbing, and we're both sighing, "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma." So I take him to our bedroom, drop him on the bed, and he flings himself onto Shannon, all smiles and cooing as he snuggles into her. He's good to go for the rest of the morning.

What am I? Chopped liver?

Apparently, yes.

No comments: