Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Letters from SSG Dan, part 5

I got another letter from Dan today. Knowing that I collect bulletins and newsletters from other churches, he sent me a bulletin from the Easter service at "Stagecoach Chapel" in Taji, Iraq. Pretty cool.

It turns out the guys have color printers and pretty nice paper. I was actually a little surprised at the paper because every time I've been out of the country, copier paper has been pretty light weight (as in barely one step above tissue paper). But my guess is that this is good old American 20-lb, non-recycled, bleached and coated paper that came from the states and has now returned home.

Dan writes:
April 22, 2005

Dear Jared,

Just thought you might like to see our church bulletin. It's really a tiny little chapel but our chaplain is a great guy and it's wonderful to be with other Christian brothers and sisters in this place.

Well Jared, I have to get ready for another mission. Please tell everyone I said hi and thanks for the prayers. So far no one has been hurt, although we have had some close calls.

Your brother,

Dan

No comments: