Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Random Thoughts 5/17/05

  • I had my root canal postponed until Wednesday afternoon. Ugh…

  • We just had a prayer request for a soldier that was seriously injured just a few hours ago in Iraq. It's strange that we can know something like that so immediately; including his name and his exact injuries. I fear that I may have even found out before his family, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

  • I'm pretty excited about the folks that are joining the church and/or getting baptized. There's actually a pretty good sized group, of which only a portion have acted on their intentions.

  • Does anybody else think that the Newsweek thing was pretty rotten? People died because some journalists(?) were trying to besmirch our country.

  • I just watched the Phantom Menace again last night. That movie is bad beyond words. The whole thing could have been summed up in the opening crawl of a better movie. And we would have been spared the suffering that was Jar Jar Binks.

  • Twists of fate: My neighbor's yard was a jungle of thistles and weeds last year. Mine wasn't. It's completely reversed this year. I'm trying to fix it but we have 100 times the weeds we had last year. Our new neighbors are enjoying their lush, carpet-like yard. Grrrr…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why on earth you would choose to watch a "bad beyond words" movie a second time???!!!!