Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Random Thoughts 1/5/10

  • Vacation time! I had a busy spell hit me right at the holidays, so I ended up working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas. I even had to leave my the Altic Christmas party to go officiate a funeral. That's all okay, but now I'm taking two or three days off to just stay at home with the family. Ahhh… that's nice.
  • I went 12-5 in my Fantasy Football League, which puts me in the playoffs re-draft again. I don't have anybody worthwhile to keep, but oh, well, at least I made it! I finished with a six-game winning streak, getting very lucky late in the season.
  • The sun eats a comet. Wow.
  • The Burj Khalifa is the tallest skyscraper man-made structure ever built. The super-skyscraper, at 2,717 feet tall, is twice the height of the Empire State and a thousand feet taller than the former World Trade Center towers. That's insanely tall.
  • This is what winter football should look like!
  • Perhaps we should consider the Israelification of our airport security, i.e. better results, but less hassle.
  • We had movie day today, watching both Night at the Museum 2, and Ice Age 3. Both are cute movies that we watched with the older three boys. I really like watching movies with my family. As the boys get older, they'll go through the "Altic Film School," watching a wide range of classic films.

3 comments:

Laura said...

We had a couple of movie nights the last couple of weeks, and we watched those same movies with our kids! They liked them too!

Thumper said...

"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" was our movie today. Another good one!

Dustin said...

We watched "Cloudy ..." last night, too! How funny is that??? And a great little movie also!