Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Thoughts 2/11/10

  • Don't get mugged! Thieves are targeting people with iPods, so much so that home burglaries are down, because the iPod in your pocket is worth more than the DVD player in your living room.
  • Survivor starts again tonight. It'll be all veterans this season, back for their second or third time on the show, including four previous winners and seven runners-up.
  • Phil Harris, of Deadliest Catch fame, passed away Tuesday, aged 53. He had suffered a stroke in January, offloading crab at St. Paul Island, Alaska. He had already filmed this season's Deadliest Catch episodes and the Discovery channel is probably going to do a special honoring him before the series begins in April.
  • The Winter Olympics starts tomorrow; I wish I was more excited. When I was a kid, the Olympics were a huge deal. Now, I'm not even sure if I'll watch and I don't think my kids are even aware of it.
  • Man-made global warming is a hoax. Not because it's snowing a lot this winter, but because there's a political and philosophical agenda that is met by believing that humans living freely are a blight upon the earth.

No comments: