Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Random Thoughts 3/10/10

  • I received a first-class envelope in the mail from the Census Bureau telling me that they would be sending me something next week from the Census Bureau (probably first class again). I'm holding this worthless note in my hands thinking that it represents probably $100 million of taxpayer money down the tubes for this single letter telling me another letter is coming soon. Wow. This is the collapse of civilization.
  • Speaking of the Census, what right does the government have to gather information on me beyond counting us (as required every 10 years in the Constitution). Doesn't the Fourth Amendment protect us from unreasonable searches of our "persons, houses, papers, and effects"? I should leave a post-it on my front door for the census taker: "2 adults, 5 children, have a nice day."
  • So how dominant are the Kansas Jayhawks! KU has won yet another year in the Big 12, that's six in a row. I realize it's a long shot to win another NCAA championship but it is a possibility!
  • One out of six Americans have genital herpes?! Wha?! That should keep people faithful to their marriage vows.
  • I agree with Glenn Beck, we Americans are not promised "Life, Liberty, and the guarantee of Happiness." Rather it's the freedom to pursue happiness. But for the last 70 years or more we've been forfeiting the freedom for the promise of mediocrity.

No comments: