Monday, March 01, 2010

Random Thoughts 3/1/10

  • I will NOT be watching Leno tonight. I probably won't watch Letterman either, but I'm REALLY not watching Leno.
  • Concerning Apple's upcoming iPad: "In other words, the iPad is no different than any other Apple product: a fusion of existing hardware, perfectly realized software and world-class design. Getting hung up on the [unremarkable] CPU is beside the point."
  • Chuck returns tonight.
  • I'm not going to subscribe to HBO, but the sequel/companion series to "Band of Brothers," "The Pacific," begins this month. I just need to hold out until the end of the year when it makes it to DVD. Books to read before then: With the Old Breed (Eugene Sledge, 1981) and Helmet for My Pillow (Robert Leckie, 1957).
  • Have you tried the Brand Quiz? Two colors, one visual clue and one verbal clue, then you name the corporate brand. I missed three on my first pass but eventually figured them all out.
  • I'm not in any kind of hurry to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie, but I am reading both Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. But don't read these stories before bed; it'll mess with your dreams. Actually dreams don't get that weird.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

If you really want to protest, just don't watch anything on NBC at all... Leno isn't the villain here, it's the morons at NBC. Leno didn't want to give up his Tonight Show spot to begin with.