This year's K-State basketball team is really good. Scary good. Beat you at Allen Field House good. But the Jayhawks were successful last night in Manhattan, in overtime.
Here's some thoughts:
- I was surprised at how classy players from both teams were acting toward one another.
- Did I mention that K-State is a good team?
- Lose the "Octagon of Doom" stuff. That sounds really dumb, even if you win.
- Ditto with the little old ladies wearing fake beards. Uh, what?!
- K-State's purple just almost looks blue in certain light.
- KU has won something like 47 out of the last 51 matchups with K-State. Ouch.
- I'm not impressed with Xavier Henry. In big, tough games he disappears for long stretches, including long stretches on the bench.
- I'm more NBA-ready than Tyshawn Taylor. Stay in school buddy; if you don't like this program, transfer somewhere else.