Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random Thoughts 12/15/11

  • Here's a pet peeve I've discovered.  People who don't know me (usually salesmen, repairmen, insurance agents, etc.) who call me "Chief," or "Boss," or my personal least favorite "Big'un."  Stop it.  Now.  I'm not kidding.
  • The late Dan Fambrough will likely have a street in Lawrence named for him.  Anybody driving on it with a Missouri tag should be automatically pulled over and ticketed.
  • When did former Chiefs coach Todd Haley and Chiefs GM Scott Pioli have a falling out?  When they were introduced three years ago, I remember it being presented that they were long-time buddies.  But now that Haley's been fired, all I hear is how the two couldn't get along.
  • And please don't hire Josh McDaniels as the next Chiefs head coach.  Offensive coordinator maybe, but not head coach.  Let's let Romeo Crennel stay in the position for awhile.
  • We're down to just 4,000 troops in Iraq and many of them are on their way out by the end of the year.  God bless our brave troops; Iraq is a different place with a better future than it was ten years ago.  Their sacrifice has historical and tangible significance.
  • Jerry Falwell, Jr. hired former KU football coach Turner Gill to coach at Liberty University, a mostly online Christian university in Virginia.  I wonder, can the online students can play on the football team?
  • $2.5 million per year for Charlie Weis to coach the worst team in the Big 12.  It's good work if you can find it.
  • I just finished teaching a study through the harmonized birth narratives on Wednesday nights.  I used a harmony of the gospels to weave together the accounts in Matthew and Luke (with some John) into one narrative from which I taught.  It made for a nice Christmas-y Bible study.
  • So Iran claims they hacked our super secret stealth drone and tricked into landing in Iran instead of Afghanistan.  Then they put it on TV, completely intact, to rub our nose in it.  After a week of silence President Obama says, "we asked for it back."  Words can't describe how humiliating this is; you've got to be kidding.

No comments: