Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Thoughts 10/30/12

  • I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the 30-for-30 documentary, "No Place Like Home," about the pursuit to buy the original rules to the game of basketball and bring them back to Kansas University.  As a Jayhawk fan, this story of crazy obsession is amusing and endearing.
  • The first exhibition KU basketball game is tonight.
  • One more week of political campaigning.  Then Romney wins.  Then Obama's lawyers sue.  Then life goes on.
  • It looks like publishers Penguin and Random House are going to merge, making the new company the biggest book publisher in the world.
  • Happy birthday to my favorite mother-in-law!
  • My fantasy football team is now a mediocre 4-4, though my team is scoring well.  The problem is that I have a knack for finding perhaps the only team that week that is scoring more points than I am that week.  I'm really good at that.  Grrr…
  • I wish the Chiefs would just go ahead and trade away Dwayne Bowe… it just feels like there's no good that will come of the relationship.  If they can't get a third-round pick, they should take whatever they can get before they end up getting nothing.
  • Yesterday was a field trip day for our family.  I absolutely love taking our five kids out.  They seem so well-behaved and they love each other so much.  It all does the heart good.
  • Good news: "The Office" will not spawn a Dwight Schrute-focused spin-off.  NBC declined to take a series based on the Schrute family farm and B&B.  To me, it sounded like an absolutely awful idea and now it, fortunately, won't see the light of day.

No comments: