- So, the Jayhawks are back on track. Poor K-State though. I know several Wildcats that are cross-eyed in frustration with how ineffective they've been against KU (3-37 since the Big12 began). But what I think bothers Wildcats even more is that KU fans don't hate their guts. It's the little-brother syndrome: K-State resents KU for dominating them (in just this one sport, mind you) but a lot of KU fans are friendly toward K-State, which is perceived as condescension. KU basketball fans save the "hated-rival" designation for Missouri or North Carolina or Kentucky, which insults K-State fans for not being considered. So Jayhawks feel mildly competitive toward Wildcats. Wildcats want to beat Jayhawks into a bloody pulp, humiliate them, make them beg for mercy, and then have Mom say she's always loved Wildcats more.
- Happy Valentine's Day to my beautiful wife. I love you!
- American Airlines and US Airways will now likely merge to make a new American Airlines, slightly larger than United Airlines, currently the largest airline in the world. There were rumors last April of a hostile takeover of American by US Airways but now it seems they've worked things out: US Airways CEO takes over but they'll use American's name and livery.
- Now that the
TWAAmerican overhaul base is closed, the Kansas City connection to American Airlines is limited to retirees like my dad and only a few flights per day out of KCI.
- I bought my wife flowers for the first time in years. She's not a flowers kinda girl and I express myself in other ways. But now I've got four boys and little girl watching… so I bought some flowers and had them waiting for her when she woke up this morning.
- Here's an offseason overview of the Chiefs by Sports Illustrated. *Sigh*
- This week the CDC is declaring an STD epidemic with 20 million new infections per year in this country. Eww. I hope this kind of news encourages abstinence among young single adults and teens.