Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Camp Season 2013

We've had a great church camp season thus far.  During Junior High week (last week) we had 8 out of the 35 students make first-time decisions for Christ, including two of my nieces, Grace and Cora, and three total from the six kids that go to our church!  We came home last week and had those three baptisms on Sunday morning.  Cora's mom baptized her, Grace's dad baptized her, and Halie Baldwin's sister, Paige baptized her with a large portion of the congregation there to witness it.

This was the first time I've worked at a junior or senior high camp with more than one of my children as campers.  I had both Brennan and Tanner there while I was on staff and I couldn't have been more proud of them.  They were polite, well-behaved, and well-adjusted (take that homeschool critics!), and Tanner earned camper of the week, despite being one of the youngest campers there.

I had a wonderful time working with old friends, like Bart Hinz from Show-Me Christian Youth Home, and met some wonderful men and women on staff together with me for the first time.

This week Elijah (9 years old) is at camp, with cousin Kelby there too, and cousin Hannah as a high-school-aged counselor. 

Graham (age 7) will go to Day Camp this Saturday.  Anneliese is my only child that is not a camper yet.


No comments: