Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Great Easter Service, part 2

Read Part 1

After watching the outpouring of love and affection last Sunday, I defy anyone to say that our church is unhealthy.

Do we have failures and shortcomings as individuals? Sure, you betcha.

Are we absolutely free from problems and troubles at various levels? Of course we're not.

But I'm beginning to believe that the average church is full of problems and difficulties and the bad attitudes have become institutionalized. I've visited other churches and I talk to other ministers. We don't have a lot of what goes on in the average church.

Instead, I feel a lot of grace here. People are truly considerate of where others are coming from. We are largely of one accord in spite of our differences. And we love each other. That makes us an exceptional church.

And in areas that we've failed, where someone has felt excluded or hurt, we can and should do better. We should go and try to make peace. We should ask for forgiveness and seek reconciliation. Maybe we can win back a brother. That would be wonderful!

When everything is said and done. I wish that all the people that I love could go to WCCC. I wish friends and family that don't live near a healthy church would move to Kansas City. I wish that nice folks I meet in unhealthy churches could attend here instead. I wish that people who have left for one reason or another would all come back.

This is a good church.

No comments: