Monday, March 07, 2005

Tyranny of the Urgent

I just finished Freedom from Tyranny of the Urgent by Charles E. Hummel.

Urgent

Basically the Christian answer to time management books, I wonder if it was not lost on me since it took me almost three weeks to read its brief 130 pages. Oh well.

One thought summed up the time management issue:
A person cannot do anything to time itself – delay or hasten it, save or lose it – much less "manage" it. The challenge is to manage ourselves under the lordship of Jesus Christ, from whom we get our goals and values.
A number of related issues were handled well but the book overall had less impact on me than I expected.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Excellent!

I've never seen this before but I like it. It's simple and easy to remember. Thanks.

Jared