Monday, June 27, 2005

The 23rd Channel

The TV is my shepherd. My spiritual growth shall want.
It maketh me to sit down and do nothing for its name’s sake,
Because it requireth all my spare time.
It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christian,
Because it presenteth so many good shows that I must see.
It restoreth my knowledge of the things of the world,
And keepeth me from the study of God’s Word.
It leadeth me in the paths of failing to attend the evening church services,
And doing nothing in the kingdom of God.
Yea, though I live to be a hundred,
I shall keep viewing my TV as long as it will work,
For it is my closest companion.
Its sounds and pictures, they comfort me.
It presenteth entertainment before me
And keepeth me from doing important things with my family.
It fills my head with ideas which differ from those in the Word of God.
Surely, no good thing will come out of my life
Because of so many wasted hours,
And I shall dwell in my regrets and remorse forever.


Thanks Cecil Redway et al. for pointing this out.

No comments: