Friday, June 17, 2005

Week's Wrap-Up 7/18/05

  • We got back from a week of camp today (Jr. High church camp at Mission Lake Christian Camp). I preached five sermons on "knowing Christ" from Philippians chapter 3. It seemed really well received and there were several decisions the last two nights.
  • When we arrived home our yard was freshly mowed. It appears my Dad trimmed everything up while we were gone. Pretty cool, especially since the first pass must have been with a machete.
  • The boys absolutely loved camp. Brennan took his toy light sabers and had a duel with anyone and everyone at camp. Tanner, age 3, sang Kumbaya (two whole verses) at talent night.
  • It was good to get away from the TV and radio and internet for a week. But I missed the whole Michael Jackson debacle. Just think of the migraines I could of had reacting to that mess! Now what am I going to do with my time?
  • Speaking of strange, the camp was for Jr. High kids. They are right on the divide between children and young adults. Some of them can make adult decisions, some of them are not even close. They are a mess of emotions and hormones and awkward in every single way. They're good kids but, wow, do they leave you scratching your head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad I wasn't like THAT when I was in Jr.High...