Wednesday, April 26, 2006

God's Love

Here's a poem written by a member in our church, Dewey Bond:

As I stood at the mirror
Preparing to dress
for church Sunday morning,
I felt so much stress.

How can I face
Other Christians I seek?
When I've been such a hypocrite
so much the whole week?

With a smile on my face
And an outstretched hand,
I greet those in church
Like I am so grand.

Little do they know
There's another side of me,
A whole other person
I don't want to be.

I don't feel I'm worthy
To even be there
And I feel, of them all,
I'm the one needing prayer.

And I think, "How can I
Face
the Lord when I die,
When my life is so sinful
No matter how hard I try?"

But I dressed and I went
To the church that fine day.
I sang all the songs
And
bowed my head when we prayed.

Then the minister spoke
With a smile on his face
And reminded us all
That
we're all saved by grace.

The sacrifice was made
By God's own precious Son.
He was nailed to the cross
So forgiveness is done.

So, though we're unworthy,
We're blessed from above,
With eternal salvation
through God's precious love.

Dewey Bond, 2006

No comments: