Friday, July 21, 2006

Cell Out

Shannon and I are going over to the Dark Side. We're finally giving in… and buying cell phones. Now…

  • I too can interrupt other people's meals by yelling my way through a bad cell.
  • I too can drift into the other lane while checking my Caller ID.
  • I too can introduce a little festive music to events like funerals, fine dining, board meetings, and counseling sessions.
  • I too can surf the internet, watch tv, and play video games on a low resolution, two-inch screen.
  • I too can go spastic when my phone vibrates while in my pocket.
  • I too can share personal and private information with passers-by.
  • I too can check the time by digging in my pocket and flipping open my phone instead of just wearing a watch.
  • I too can interrupt important face-to-face conversations because, "if they're calling my cell, it must be important."
  • I too can freak people out at Wal-Mart by talking to my invisible friend (with a tiny phone hidden in my ear).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. I can't wait to do all that and more! I am assuming there will be a lot of "huh?" and "what did you say?" since I just found out the phone I picked is almost impossible to hear on! Great fun for me!

Anonymous said...

You forgot about eating and driving AND talking on the phone at the same time. I've almost mastered that one...

Welcome to the club.

jayrod said...

I do not go spastic when my phone vibrates!