Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mac on the Mend

I guess I'm one in a million. My new MacBook laptop has a rare logic board problem that causes it to shutdown suddenly (and often). The technicians at the Apple Store down on the Plaza had only heard of it happening one other time and I'd only found a few examples of this on the internet, but lucky me…

So they took my MacBook today, wrapped him in plastic and put him in the ICU where they'll operate to replace his brain. The logic board replacement will cost $1000 (covered by the warranty) but the emotional toll is much more severe. This trauma is all too soon after the untimely demise of my last laptop (I had to put him down this summer – Macs are so loyal – it was like shooting Old Yeller). Your cards and phone calls are appreciated. MacBook will be out of commission for most of the week and so I'll be out of email contact during that time and blogging exclusively on trusty old eMac… as soon as I clean the peanut butter and jelly off the screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will find a way to pull throught this. My prayers are with you. you might want to leave the pb&j there its pretty cute......