Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Stack of Books

I always have a stack of books at home next to my chair. Some books are new and some I'm re-reading or just keep around for reference. Right now the stack consists of the following:

  • Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. It's a book on Texas Hold'em strategy which has really helped a beginner like me learn the game. Short and well written, I've gone through it several times.
  • The Gospel & Epistles of John by F.F. Bruce. Here's a good commentary but I'm not sure why this is here and not at the office. Sometimes my books migrate.
  • Christianity for Modern Pagans by Peter Kreeft. Kreeft is one of my favorite authors and this is his commentary on Pascal's Pensées. If you're into philosophy, this is great stuff.
  • The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel. Yet another great book by Strobel. Jay-rod and his wife gave this to me as a gift and it's been a ready resource ever since.
  • Liberation Road by David Robbins. I feel bad for this novel. It's at the bottom of the stack and has been there for months. I like the author and I like historical novels but this World War 2 story keeps getting bumped by books more urgent or important. I'll get around to it eventually I suppose.

No comments: