Thursday, November 16, 2006

Random Thoughts 11/16/06

  • Here's a little good news on a gloomy topic. I was reading a report that said American soldiers in Iraq, when compared to those in Vietnam, are half as likely to become injured and twice as likely to survive their injuries. This is due in part to the effective training of combat medics. We have a young man from our church who joined the Navy after high school to become a corpsman (medic) in the Marines. He'll go to the Anbar Province (Fallujah & Ramadi) in January.
  • I heard a radio commercial today that said, "Any place can tan your body. Cancun tans your soul." Huh? I'm not sure if I get it and I'm not sure if I'd want to.
  • When we have friends over to play cards, they often bring Double-Stuff Oreo cookies and I always set three of them aside for the boys to have the next morning. Sometimes I save six cookies (two each for Brennan, Tanner, and Eli). Since I no longer eat stacks of these things, there were several leftovers Wednesday night. So Brennan came to our bedside first thing this morning and asked if he could have an Oreo. Shannon asked him how many there were, assuming one or two per child. Brennan left for a moment and then reappeared at Mom's bedside moments later with his answer, "Fourteen." Yes, son, you can have an Oreo… now that you've handled them all.
  • We have a work retreat at the church camp Friday evening and Saturday all day. Hopefully, we get a lot of projects finished in the time allotted.
  • Here's a shot of Graham being cute. He found a new toy and was giggling with glee. Who knew that funny thing was connected to Dad?

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

You know, you should just be glad your son has his father's foot to play with. *lip tremble* :-D