Saturday, November 25, 2006

What a Loser (4 weeks)

Okay, here's the deal. The best way to stick with this is to keep people updated and involved. I went to the doctor on October 27 and was told to lose weight, among other things. He wanted a slow steady weight loss of a few pounds a month, maybe forty pounds in a year. I've lost 15 pounds in four weeks (and that includes Thanksgiving). Shannon feels that's a little fast, but we're pleased with how things are going.

I'm mostly just playing basketball, lifting weights, and living on Diet Mt. Dew and baked chicken breasts with brown rice. It's not perfect and probably isn't the basis of a best-selling book but it's working. It also really helps to be married to a Weight Watchers leader!

Because we're making so many changes (family budget, almost no eating out, etc.) I feel this is likely to stick. Shannon's not going back, why should I? It would help my ministry to not be sick all of the time and I'd be here longer for my family (Shannon will live to be 100 easy). So my goal is to lose 75 pounds before my anniversary, June 1. That's six months to lose another 60 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing so good. I have no doubt that you will accomplish your goal. I love you and I look forward to the next 70 years :)