Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Random Thoughts 11/21/07

  • KU signed five basketball players (who can all play forward) last week, three big men and two 6-5 swing players, including highly touted local product, Travis Releford. Two of the big guys are twins from Philadelphia, Marcus and Markieff Morris. We'll see how they pan out this time next year.
  • What did Martha Stewart learn while doing time in the slammer? Look at her website and find out. Actually it's not a bad resource for creative ideas for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other occasions.
  • Poor Priest Holmes has retired. It's suspect that they ever let him come back and play football again after a serious neck injury in the first place. God bless him though; Priest was great to watch play the game.
  • Brennan and Tanner and I (occasionally joined by Elijah) are about half way through our sixth Narnia book, the Silver Chair. Tanner is now reading over my shoulder like his big brother. There's just one more book after this but then what? We've been reading almost every night for months; what do we do next? Whatever we read, I figure that in three or four years I'll be rereading the Chronicles of Narnia, this time with Elijah and Graham.
  • Here's the funniest Mac ad I've seen in a while, one that's only on the internet. It made me chuckle.
  • I'm not usually shopping for pocketknives but this one has definitely caught my eye: Leatherman's Skeletool. I keep a small Leatherman tool in my car and a pocketknife in my desk drawer but, as a home owner, I find myself constantly needing a screwdriver or a pair of pliers around the house. The Skeletool is pretty highly regarded and I like lightweight and simple tools, so I'll be saving my pennies for this one.
  • Our dog Sophie is finally growing up. She's not having accidents anymore and every once in a while she's actually calm and submissive. When she does test our patience she curls up next to one of the boys, snuggling them and licking their faces, warming our hearts in the process.

No comments: