Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To Cancel or Not to Cancel Update 3

Here's CBS's schedule for next year…

…and a few thoughts from me:

  • Here's another "V" trailer from ABC.
  • "The Unit" got canceled by CBS. Nuts. That's been a regular on my TiVo playlist for four years now. Goodbye Snake Doctor, Betty Blue, Cool Breeze, and Dirt Diver.
  • Jenna Elfman is back on TV again in a new sitcom, but I can't say I would bother watching.
  • "NCIS" gets a spin-off starring LL Cool J, "NCIS: Los Angeles." Sure.
  • There are so many (more) medical dramas across the four big networks, you wouldn't think anybody would even miss "ER," which has finally ended. That said, I worn out on the hospital dramas a long time ago, only barely making room for the sitcom "Scrubs." The best medical dramedy of all time in my opinion: "M*A*S*H."
  • CBS is taking "Medium" after NBC canceled it, much like ABC took NBC-canceled "Scrubs" last year. Is NBC's programming so great that they can cancel shows other networks will routinely snatch up?

No comments: