Monday, April 19, 2010

Random Thoughts 4/19/10

  • Seen on a t-shirt: "A cat will blink when struck by a hammer."
  • The NFL draft is this week, starting Thursday night. The Chiefs pick 5th overall, with eight picks in the first five rounds (and none in rounds six and seven). Hopefully the Chiefs draft an offensive lineman in the first round but, honestly, any position on the team could stand to be improved.
  • I'm shopping for a mountain bike. After doing a bunch of research, I'm pretty sure I know what I want that's in my price range but I'm also sure that cycling snobs will laugh at my budget. Some hardcore cyclists spend more their bikes than their cars.
  • KU announced yesterday that 6-2, 5-star point guard Josh Selby has signed to play basketball for Bill Self. And don't forget 6-3 guard Royce Woolridge. Even with three departures (Collins, Aldrich, and Henry), the Kansas team will be a crowded place to find playing time next season.
  • Still listening to Ozark Christian College sermons on my iPhone. What a encouragement these sermons are. By the way, the direct link to my sermon from this last Sunday (4/18) is here.

No comments: