Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Thoughts 4/29/10

  • Our sweet Elijah turned six yesterday. If that kid controls his anger, his charm and magnetism will be dangerous.
  • Jon Stewart jokes about Apple and the missing iPhone prototype, here. Warning: Stewart is a smug, crude, potty-mouth that gets bleeped a lot.
  • Two Comedy Central videos in one day? Yup; here's Gregg Easterbrook not getting to finish a single sentence while being interviewed by Stephen Colbert.
  • Planned Parenthood is about the most disgusting organization on the planet. You have to wonder when an organization with a racist, eugenic background encourages sexual liberty among the HIV infected, if there isn't a sinister motive here.
  • I didn't get to buy that bicycle I was wanting as the contest I was in didn't pay out near like I expected. But I am saving my money, hoping to buy a bike sometime later this summer perhaps.
  • According to this study, watching R-rated movies as a child leads to increased rates of alcohol use, early smoking, sex at a young age, and violent behavior.
  • I'm currently reading (among other things) Robert Leckie's book A Helmet for my Pillow about WW2. This is one of the book's that the HBO series "The Pacific" is based on. Next up: Eugene Sledge's With the Old Breed.

No comments: