Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Most Racist Thing I've Seen This Week

From what I understand, the two most popular pastimes in the Muslim world are 1) anti-Semitism and 2) conspiracy theories based in anti-Semitism.

Well this Muslim website has it all figured out. It turns that the Holocaust in World War 2 is just a big lie! The Jews made it up in order to occupy Palestine. Those tricky, Joooz!

  • Supposedly, there were not enough Jews in Europe for six million to be killed. The conspiracy refuses to acknowledge the excepted number (about 9 million pre-war) and claims an oddly specific 5.4 million.
  • The conspiracy also claims that the death camps, gas chambers, and ovens were built after the war by "devoted Jewish artists" (movie producers?).
  • The entire slideshow is animated with the most inflammatory, racist drawings of Jews that I've seen since the Third Reich.
  • There's lots of baseless accusations and false information, i.e. Germans at the "fake" gas chambers "never used gas masks." Wha?! And "the Allies found no traces [of the bodies]."
  • The whole cartoon is insufferably snarky. I was several frames into the slide show before I realized the text was over-the-top sarcastic.
Here's my question: Were American soldiers like my grandfather (who was a farm boy from Kansas) in on this "Zionist Plot" and did they all lie about the death camps they found? Why?

By the way, this is all brought to you by the racist crazies in Iran.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

That's pretty scary (although they did a good job with the website design, maybe a little too flash-heavy).

I got about half-way thru reading it and couldn't stand it anymore-- I think people are really ignorant about the beliefs of Muslims, me included. Eye opening.

-Dustin