Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Thought 8/10/10

  • Star Trek invented the iPad, like 23 years ago. Great article here, interviewing the prop designers for "Star Trek: the Next Generation" about the iPad.
  • If you want to enjoy your hobbies, try having fewer of them. My philosophy has always been that you can only be good at just so many things. If you decide to become really good at golf, be prepared to either give up your other hobbies or be disappointed. But if you invest yourself (and your time and money) into to just a few hobbies, you will eventually become really good at them… and enjoy them more.
  • Thanks to Google, you can search satellite images for meteor craters. That's kind of cool.
  • I need to nail down the final details for fantasy football. I'm getting close but not quite there. Remember, Draft Day is August 30.
  • The Ground Zero Mosque should go somewhere else (or nowhere else would be fine too). It's an unnecessary provocation. But I hate the idea of the government telling us where we can or can't place buildings for religious use. That's a dangerous road to go down.
  • Redbox is coming to over 6,000 CVS pharmacies in the next 18 months. I have 10 CVS/pharmacy locations withing 20 minutes of me and a great third-party app on my phone, "Inside Redbox," that tells me the current inventory of every machine. Now if only Redbox machines would just carry some decent movies!

No comments: