Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Thoughts 8/27/10

  • This is the season of new Bible studies (for me anyway). I'm teaching a new class on Sunday mornings (1, 2, & 3 John), a new class on Wednesdays (parenting from John Rosemond's book), and a new home Bible study (Directions for Christian Living) on Sunday nights.
  • Hey, James Cameron, you're a talented film maker (entertaining anyway – I thought Avatar was grossly overrated) but you're also a total loon. And a cowardly one at that. Don't call out global warming "deniers" and then run away from a debate that you had total control of. Chicken.
  • Only three days left until our Fantasy Football Draft!
  • President Obama has taken as many vacations in 18 months as I've taken in the last 10 years. Like David Letterman said, "plenty of time for vacations after your one term."
  • My wife left this morning for a quick trip to Florida for a couple of days. I'm leaving this morning for a dean's meeting at the church camp. NOT the same. Come home safe, Honey!
  • Here's my logo for my Fantasy Football team. My team for the last 14 or 15 years is the Warhawks. This is also the name of Navy Fighter Squadron 97 (VFA-97).

No comments: