Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not Supposed to Bend That Way

So last night, playing basketball, I dislocated my finger.  I had a tall guy guarding me who blocked my shot and apparently all the torque went into one joint.  I heard and felt it pop, looked down and my ring finger was pointing 45º out laterally, overlapping my pinkie.

I grabbed the finger with my other fist and popped it back, which sounds just like breaking a similarly-sized stick.  I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off for a few moments, went home, iced it and then put heat on it.

It's the third dislocated finger I've had.  The first one was in college on my left hand and it changed my ring size enough that I had to re-size my wedding band.  The second one was playing basketball with church guys several years ago when a sharp pass hit the middle finger on my right hand and bent it up backwards.  That looked worse and had more witnesses too.  My only regret with this finger is that I didn't show the guys before I popped it back.

No comments: