Thursday, January 03, 2013

Random Thoughts 1/3/13

  • Ah… 2013.  The first year with four different numerals since 1987.
  • I'm compiling my annual entertainment recap for 2012, which is almost done, but I think I'm going to change the format on the next one.  Although I never posted them to my blog (first mistake), I used to write twitter-length movie reviews on Flixter.  Never mind that I've avoided actually using twitter (second mistake).  But I'm going to restart that habit and post them to my blog, perhaps every six months or every quarter.  The reviews help remind me what the movie was in the first place and might make for more interesting reading than just a list.
  • I'm going to try to blog more.  My blogging has fallen off to a third of what it was five years ago.  I've fallen in the habit of doing these "Random Thoughts" and I also nix a lot of blog ideas because I'm not in a good frame of mind to be writing (the lack of fiscal cliff blogs is NOT because I'm not tracking the issue).  Never blog angry.
  • Andy Reid, new Chiefs head coach.  Good idea.  Andy Reid bringing Michael Vick?  Bad idea.
  • It's just a shame that the Chiefs have the first pick of the draft in a year without any clear-cut top QBs.  That's just bad luck.
  • Good luck tonight, K-State.
  • Don't fret if you missed out on a new iPhone 5 or 4th-gen iPad for Christmas.  The tech-blogs are already abuzz over the fancy new technology that will roll out in the six to twelve months.  So go ahead and tell yourself (and others) that you're skipping this generation of tech on purpose.  Cooler gadgets are on the horizon.
  • Besides finding good quality accessories for the iPhone 5 right now is almost impossible.
  • I know you've wished you were one of Bill Gates' kids but this article says it's not all that great.  Apparently they asked for Apple products (iPads and such) but their parents gave them Microsoft products instead.  Ugh.
  • And here's one for our military friends that spent time in Afghanistan, specifically Kandahar.  Kudos also to the serviceman who wrote this for addressing this subject without a lengthy list of expletives. Now that's discipline.

No comments: