Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Random Thoughts 4/2/13

  • This was a rough year for my NCAA bracket.  I'm of the opinion that you should only fill out one bracket (or have one fantasy team), otherwise you have no right to boast about any prognosticating ability.  Well I won't be boasting, that's for sure.  I only got ten of the sweet 16, four of the elite eight, and zero of the final four.  There's always next year.
  • I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Elijah Johnson deliberately hit that Michigan player.  It may have been impulsive and not a true indicator of his character, but it was deliberate and wrong.  What a terrible note on which to go out in the last game of your career.
  • I will still review the final episode of the History Channel's "The Bible" but I haven't watched it yet.  Look for it later this week.
  • Finding Nemo 2 is now going to be called Finding Dory.  It'll be released in November of 2015, twelve years after the original.  I also saw a trailer for for a Cars spinoff, called, of course, Planes.  Ugh.  I know it'll sell toys but it looks painfully awful.
  • Kansas made the top-10 best states in which to make a living.
  • It looks like we're selling our other minivan.  It's been a blessing that we've had these minivans paid off and now I'm searching the internet looking for a good deal on medium sized truck, like a Ford Sport Trac, or a quad-cab Nissan Frontier or Chevy Colorado.  Any recommendations?

No comments: