Thursday, September 29, 2005

Interesting Items

I got a catalog in the mail today and found a few interesting things… and not necessarily for me, just good stuff.

  • A book titled Mean Girls All Grown Up: Surviving Catty and Conniving Women by Hayley DiMarco.
  • A new Bible trivia/strategy board game called Inklings.
  • Scattergories: Bible Edition
  • A new VeggieTales coming out October 29 called Lord of the Beans.
  • About two pages of CS Lewis stuff, especially the Chronicles of Narnia merchandise.
  • A book by Paul Coughlin called No More Christian Nice Guy. When being nice – instead of good – hurts men, women and children; instead of faking nice, men should be gentle and genuine, benevolent and bold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you were able to discreetly throw in a plug for the book about conniving women with all the other things you mentioned. Did that title catch your eye for any particular reason??

Anonymous said...

I know two husbands/brothers/sons who are treading on thin ice!!

Have you stopped to think that you both know 4 women VERY close to you who could take offense at anything you say from here on out?!!!

love, Mom (aka "one of the four!")

Thumper said...

No, only one of the four women in question is catty and conniving… but I'll never say which one.

Anonymous said...

Thumper,

I think you just fell right through that "thin ice."

I warned you that you couldn't win from here on out, and what did you do but jump right in (where all men should fear to tread!!)

You realize that now we're all trying to figure out who you meant! I have it narrowed down to 3, since I am certain you didn't mean me!! Those poor other girls!

Love ya,

Mom