Thursday, August 03, 2006

Little Pray-ers

Tanner prayed this evening at bedtime for his stuffed toy hamster, Pellet. He said, "Tank you, Dodd, for Pellet James." Shannon and I both looked at each other and asked, "James?" Tanner said, "Like Kelby James!" Kelby, my nephew who gets called by his first and middle name a lot by his parents, became the inspiration for a middle name for Tanner's mischievous hamster.

Brennan is still prone to be a little self-centered in his prayers and often thanks God for himself, first and foremost. Last night he prayed, "Thank you God for me, and us, and everybody. Amen." We're going to have to work on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just rolls off the tongue so easily. It flows. We'll probably have to stop that when he gets older.

So why can't I seem to call him by the name I gave him? I always say "Kelby James" (which actually sounds like one word cause I say it so fast) or "Kelb". Do other people have this problem with their kids, too? (I know our mom did, but she just called us by our sibling's names.)

Anonymous said...

Very funny, Dustin. It's easy to do! I think I've heard you do it, too! It is amusing to me to see you guys and Shannon & Jared do the same thing that you've all teased me about!

Anonymous said...

Amen Anita!!!!!!!!!!!!!