Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random Thoughts 8/16/06

  • The board meeting for Mission Lake went well last night. There are many plans going forward and a general consensus to continue the progress already made. That counts for a lot right there. My optimism about our church camp is rejuvinated and I'm pretty encouraged right now.
  • I picked up Graham from his bassinet this morning and handed him to his mother and he was just ecstatic, jumping and smiling and kicking with glee. Shannon looked at him and cooed, "come here, dolly, dolly." I interjected, "Oh sure, he's cute if you don't mind that he's short, bald, and fat." Shannon replied that short, bald, and fat is ok if you're not yet three feet tall.
  • I'm really excited about changing the look of my blog. Blogger (now owned by Google) announced several upgrades that will be coming out soon and I'm looking forward to them. I especially like the ability to label things in categories so that you can find posts related to certain topics. Hopefully that will be available in future weeks.
  • The North American Christian Convention (NACC) will be in Kansas City next summer (July 3-6). I'm sure they'll be recruiting our church to help out at the convention but honestly I'm a bit reluctant. And if reluctant isn't the right word then I guess I don't feel obligated. There's just so many things that we need to do in God's kingdom that a convention for a group which is adamently non-denominational seems kind of funny. I'll probably go myself and probably help too, but I'm not sure that I'm going to push people from my church to invest their time on this. We'll see.
  • Tonight is the first night of our Wednesday night classes. I'm teaching a class on Old Testament prophets, which I think is both interesting and relevant to our time. The kids program is in the hands of one of our most capable church members, Jane D. She's about the most organized and creative lady on the planet and I'm sure she'll raise the bar for all of us. I'm also excited about the meal program. Two of our young women are taking over the supervision of it and I think they'll do a great job too. This is going to be a good day.

No comments: