Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Quotable Tanner Riley

Tanner has become quite quotable lately. He is our most tender-hearted son; he's eager, innocently naive, and optimistic. He's always expressing his love for Mom, Dad, and his brothers.

The other day he told his mom, "I love you dis much," spreading his arms to the point that they were behind him. Then he said, "Acturrally, I would hafta take my arms off."

Shannon was praying with Tanner at naptime the other day and she took the first turn, "…thank you, God, for my sweet Tanner…" When Tanner prayed he began matter-of-factly, "Tank you Dod, for making me so sweet…"

The boys were playing in the yard this evening after the rain and found a crawdad, stranded in a plastic toy. They wanted to know what this strange creature was and I told them that it was a "crawdad." Tanner furrowed his brow and said, "A cr–… a car–… a ca–… a red lobster?"

Close enough you sweet angel, close enough.

No comments: