Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Books

I've finally placed my order for some books that I'll receive as part of last Christmas. I had a some money and gift cards and I've been trying to decide which books to order. This was my final decision, but I'm already second-guessing my choices. They are:

  • State of Fear, by Michael Crichton. This book was recommended to me a year ago and I'm finally getting around to it. I've read most of Crichton's novels but none in the last four or five years. So this will be like old times.
  • Caro's Book of Poker Tells, by Mike Caro. I've decided that I really enjoy learning about human body language as it relates to interpersonal communication and deception. It really helps to know during counseling when someone is lying to you. And, believe it or not, it's also useful during a card game.
  • Sidney & Norman, by Phil Vischer. Vischer, of Veggietales fame, is a talented Christian children's book author. I've already read this book but would like to have a copy in my collection.
  • Flyboys: A True Story of Courage, by James Bradley. This is the author of Flags of our Fathers, which was a gift I thoroughly enjoyed (by the way, thanks Jim R.), and this is another story of World War 2 heroism.
  • King Lear, by William Shakespeare. I only read the Arden Shakespeare editions – they have the best footnotes. This will be the tenth volume in my collection and my first reading of King Lear.

No comments: