Thursday, January 11, 2007

Out of Hot Water

Our hot water heater died yesterday. I was taking a shower and noticed that I wasn't getting much hot water, then Shannon showered and lost hot water entirely. She checked the hot water heater in the basement and it was cracked and leaking.

So we had to buy a new one today, which is not the big deal it would have been before the Dave Ramsey class. A $400 hot water heater? No problem, we've already got money set aside in an emergency fund. So we just went out and paid the man. No stress, no borrowing, no interest payments. We just paid the man.

That's awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is an incredible feeling not to have to put things like that on a credit card or have to borrow. Dave Ramsey's principles have changed our finicial lives. I'm glad you and Shannon have adopted Dave's principles. It has been just over a year that Kristi and I have been following his plan and it is exciting to see progress!! Keep going, it is worth it!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day where I hear you, Shannon, and the kids all scream "We're debt free!!!!!!!!" on his radio show. heheh. Keep up the good work. I hope you guys accomplish all the goals you set for yourselves.