Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Eyes!

I was reading instructions today on viewing a newly discovered comet. They are as follows:

1. At dawn, go outside and face east.
2. Using binoculars, scan the horizon.
3. The comet is located just south of due east.

Yeah, and so is the sun! The last I checked, binocular manufacturers discouraged using their product to gaze directly into the sun.

But if staring at the sun with binoculars at dawn seems too risky to you, you do have a second chance:

1. At sunset, go outside and face west.
2. Using binoculars, scan the horizon.
3. The comet is located low and to the right of Venus.
4. A clear view of the horizon is essential.

It'll be the last thing you view clearly.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

I hope you don't mind, but I though this posting was hillarious, so I copied and pasted it to my own blog, giving you full credit of course. :-)