Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Convention Blogging: Day Two

Today was the best day, but it's really late and I'm absolutely exhausted so here's just a few notes:

  • We had some of the best workshops today on topics like church leadership, counseling, building projects, church elders, etc. I have pages and pages of handouts and notes.
  • The sermons were fantastic today, but I don't envy any man who must preach to a dark room right after lunch. That's a tough audience (because they're half asleep)!
  • The worship leading was horrible again. It's not lack of ability or selection of music. It's the cheesy, inauthentic-looking presentation. I've never been so agitated by a person leading worship. I even filled out an evaluation form expressing my concern. This type of worship might actually discourage younger (under 65) folks from coming back next year.
  • We ate at El Charro's today for lunch, which is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants anywhere. We also enjoyed Matt Proctor speaking at breakfast early this morning. I wish everyone could hear Matt Proctor at least once.
  • We saw Scott F. from Highland at breakfast and spent quite a bit of time with him. Nathan and Belinda S. are here and we've had several visits with them. I saw Vic P. and Marvin and Zelma J. along with Shannon's old friend Wendy, who came to tonight's evening session. I had a great talk with old friends who are missionaries in Italy now and I've had several good talks with my old professors today.
  • We've really enjoyed the Anderson's today as well. With only one vehicle, we've done everything together but it works because we love them so much. The only time we're apart is when we're running around between events talking to our old friends and acquaintances.

No comments: