Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Nerd Thoughts

  • Here's all you need to know about Blu-ray beating HD-DVD and what it means for the rest of us.
  • My lights in my office are on a motion sensor. The sensor was adjusted this morning but now the lights won't stay on no matter what I do. I can wave my arms like an idiot but I only get light for 3o seconds and then click… lights out.
  • Did you see the Mac vs. PC rap video? It's a bit crude at times (yet not too awful) but it's very clever.
  • For all of you comic book fans, here's a parody from last year of the Mac commercials with Batman, Superman, and Spiderman. Spiderman: "Hi, I'm a Marvel (comics)." Superman: "And I'm a DC." It's the funniest thing I've seen in a while and it's got better writing and voice acting than most things on TV. It's pretty good. Part 2 is here… it's also good. You can follow the links if you're interested in more from this artist.
  • Don't be too quick to buy any device with NAND flash memory in it. Prices are expected to drop significantly this year, reducing the price of flash drives, cell phones, and iPods. That's a good thing for us.
  • We're trying to decide at home about combining our TV, cell phone, land line, internet, and coffee maker. Which company do go with? Which package? I'm a devoted DirecTV customer but the best packages seem to offer Dish Network. I'm a Verizon customer that's had it "up to here" but I'm under contract until next summer. Any thoughts anybody?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have Dish Network and have had pretty good luck with it. I think we have every channel imaginable with HD and pay like $75/month. I also use Cingular and it is great, plus they have the iPhone which you are wanting.

Chad

Anonymous said...

Hey Chad,
Are you willing to make a donation towards that iphone? I checked it out for that very reason and they are still $400 with a 2 year commitment. Holy cow when are they going to give the poor nerd a chance to play too? We may be stuck with the generic little phone that works but isn't near as fun.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

You need to buy it on e-bay or Amazon and then get a contract with Cingular.